Monday, December 21, 2009

La Paz Airport - Day Twenty One

i don't know what has come over me.
arriving almost four hours early (misread my departure time) i still felt a rush of nerves while i was trying to get my shit together for my departure to santiago.
But it wasn't just anxiety.
as i was in line to drop off my luggage and receive my boarding pass, i had to bit my lip so hard to stop from crying. having said that, i was listening to NEW SLANG and LOVERS IN A DANGEROUS TIME !and! DONT LET IT BRING YOU DOWN.
i know now for sure that i am leaving a part of me in this country and for the life of me i cant figure out what. even this morning while we were pulling away from CESAR's building, in the taxi alone with driver, i started to tear up. could it be that i am on my way to CHILE to complete a film that i have been working hard on for well over two years now? could it be that i am starting a new life here in BOLIVIA with PACHA MAMA? i can't really put my finger on it. what i do know is that these projects right now are my home and my school. theyre what has taught me everything i know about film to this dates, to become a better person. to try and evolve into something my kids can be proud of. to shift into the stratosphere of film making.

my father sent me an email last night tell me that he called the airport and talked with HEAD OF SECURITY to make sure that we can film in the airport tomorrow when i arrive. my father has become our new PRODUCTION COORDINATOR and nobody asked him. these are the kind of things that my father really flourishes in, being in control and organizing what needs to get done. in the past we have filmed in the airport about four different times in two countries and have never done anything like that. the first time we tried it was at PEARSON AIRPORT in TORONTO and there were all these fees and paper work that needed to filled out, so we said FUCK IT, lets just film. we thought the same would happen with the CHILEAN airport, but no. my dad just called security and confirmed that we them that we were coming and they said we could film. the guy knows how to work that country. i might have to hire him as PRODUCER the next time i make a film in CHILE.

No comments:

Post a Comment