Friday, December 11, 2009

PACHA MAMA - day ten



this morning i woke up typing, revising and brainstorming hard.
PACHA MAMA is starting to pour through my fingers and its just those moments of trust that the story needs in order for it to come together like it has. last night i had a long conversation with CESAR about me coming back to BOLIVIA so that i can continue to work on my synopsis and start my treatment. he is going to write me a letter of support from the BOLIVIAN TELEFILM (CONACINE) so that i can apply for funding this march. we spoke for a while about the storyline and i asked him some questions. with recent revisions, he thinks i am on the right path and that the characters/storyline seem genuine. "all of themes in your story have either occurred or have the potential of occurring." this really gives me and the story that much needed reassurance and confidence. before coming to BOLIVIA i hit a rather large wall with the characters and storyline. it was all there, but much too thin. i knew coming here would allow the story to breathe in order for me to keeping moving forward with it.
the conversations in general with CESAR are really inspiring. his work and commitment to the indigenous BOLIVIAN community is so impressive. beside teaching them how to make films these past ten years, he has been with them on the battle lines on so many occasion; including the water crisis in COCHABAMBA and the mining strikes of SUCRE. hearing all of these stories make me realize what an incredible resource he has been AND is going to be for this project. besides the fact that he is so very kind to me, he treats more like an equal then a protégé. i have a hard time wondering what my trip would be like if it wasn´t for him and all he has done for me.

my bottom lip last night busted in blisters from the last TITCACA trip.
i feel sooooooooooo damn pretty.
now there´s another reason for locals to continue to stare at me as i try to get a glass of fresh carrot juice on the streets...
oh yeah! the fresh juices on the streets... for 3 bolivianos (40 cents) you can get a very generous glass of fresh anything juice on most street corners. the trick is that you have to find the right vendor and stick with them. when you do that, if you put out your glass after finishing your first, they give you some more. like a milk shake but only better cause it´s 40 cents.
i think my skin loves me a lot when i drink that goodness.
tomorrow i am off to COPACABANA. i was suppose to leave today but it just didn´t feel right. plus the more time i can stay away from LAGO TITICACA so that my skin can heal, the better.
my bones stop hurting and i didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom because of chronic pains.




a very good sign.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for writing
    i love reading
    so happy you woke up typing...
    goodness
    aaanddd...good luck to your lip!!
    ps i am drinking carrot juice too only mine cost $5.

    ReplyDelete