Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tio Vincho's Father - Day Twenty Two

today we went to see my mother's sister's father in law, whose my TIO VINCHO's father.
this was that came up a bit last minute for myself because i hadnt heard about TIO's father who recently had been diagnosed with ALZHEIMER's. it was a really potent scene where, for the most part, it was a two shot between my father and this elderly man. it's potency was it's context if my father was to choose to go on and living out what he believe he already has; ALZHEIMER's. there was a level of discomfort and nerves on my behalf because i didn't really know what was going to happen. i had never met these people before and here we were going in their home and filming them in their environment.
over all, it was a strong scene and will definitely be a contender in making it to the final cut. i am hoping that we will go and visit the elderly man again. i think this time, my father might take him out on an outing.

arriving here in CHILE has had my nerves a bit up in the air. if there's jet-lagged for flying between different time zones, what's the term for going from immediate film project to the next, in just a matter of hours? whatever that is, i experienced it and the effects have been very emotional and winding. i'm looking forward to a moment where things settle and i feel a bit more grounded.

i wonder if that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment